Cardio Sucks and That’s OK: The Undeniable Benefits of Cardio Exercise
Cardio Training Is Crucial to Your Fitness Success and The Benefits of Cardio Exercise Are Undeniable.
Cardio, or cardiovascular activity, by definition means an activity that raises your heart rate and increases blood flow throughout your body. Our bodies were made to move; and we have fallen so far into static, sedentary lifestyles… It’s time for change. Yes, it’s hard. But… the benefits of cardio training are undeniable.
The Benefits of Cardio Exercise:
1. Cardio exercises aid in weight loss. To lose weight, you have to be in a calorie deficit. In other words, you have to burn more calories than you consume. When your heart is pumping fast, you’re burning calories. Therefore, you’re on the right path to losing weight.
2. Cardio workouts strengthen your heart. Just like any other muscle, your heart needs to be used in order for it to grow stronger.
3. Your breathing will improve from aerobic exercise. Your lungs will benefit from cardiovascular activity. When your heart is working hard,your lungs have to work effectively and efficiently too.
4. Cardiovascular workouts promote an improved mental state. Cardio requires focus and concentration. Cardio requires determination. It promotes brain activity and sharpness. It helps relieve stress. Powering through cardiovascular exercises and releasing those endorphins will make you feel good. It’ll make you feel empowered. And tired. So, it also promotes a healthy sleeping pattern (my sleeping issues went away within the first 2-3 weeks of doing regular cardio!). It’s also been said that it improves your sex life too!
5. It reduces a number of health risks. The risk of developing and/or maintaining many, many chronic and acute health conditions are lessened by living a healthy lifestyle, losing weight, and having a healthy body. Some of these conditions include: high blood pressure, high blood sugar, depression, anxiety, osteoperosis, and more.
6. It helps rid your body of toxins. How? Sweat. Not only is sweat our body’s way of cooling itself down, it’s also a way that our body gets rid of toxins. So sweat, sweat, sweat it out!
Different Types of Cardio
There are so many different cardio exercises to choose from… and there are a variety of methods you can use. One of my favorites is running. When I first sought out a healthy lifestyle, I started with running. It sparked my passion for fitness and I haven’t regretted one minute!
There Are Several Fat Burning Cardio Workouts. These Are Some of the Best Cardio Workouts for Weight Loss:
- Walking (I especially love incline walking on the treadmill!)
- Jump Rope (Try a jump rope workout next time you’re at the gym!)
- HIIT and/or Tabata
These are only a few examples of aerobic exercises… but anything that gets your heart rate up for a period of time is GOOD! You can get a good cardio workout done while lifting weights at the gym.
If you enjoyed this article on the benefits of cardio exercise, then you may also enjoy: Try This Fun, Quick Ab Workout on Your Next Ab Day and Cardio Workouts to Lose Weight Fast.
You want to lose weight and get fit. But, HOW?
Get your free e-Book to guide you on your weight loss and fitness journey.