*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Acorn Influence. I am thrilled to work with Walmart and Purely Inspired Protien in the Iovate campaign! Post may also contain affiliate links. To view our policy, click here.
Protein Powder Recipe Idea
Who else LOVES guilty-free desserts that taste good and are packed with protein?! Or how about chocolate muffins that won’t kill your macros?! I don’t know about you… but for me, YES. Give me all the desserts and chocolate and wonderful-tasting things in the world. Over the past few weeks, I have researched and tried out some dessert recipes that would satiate my sweet tooth and would also help me reach my protein macro goal. Double plus, if it can help me achieve my fitness goals too. Triple plus, if it’s not hard to make! To keep you from falling out of your chair in suspense, I’ll give you the winner: Protein Muffins.
Chocolate Protein Powder Muffins
I’ve been using Purely Inspired Protein Powder, which is gluten-free, 100% plant-based, protein powder for the protein. I love that it is an artificial coloring/flavoring free plant protein. What makes this recipe even better is that you put protein bar pieces in it too! Extra protein for the win! These protein muffins are full of protein, so they’ll fill you up and keep your stomach satisfied for more than twenty minutes like your typical, sugary muffins will.
What’s so special about these protein powder muffins?
- You can eat these for breakfast. Because they’re muffins.
- But you can also eat them as a DESSERT. Because they’re TRIPLE CHOCOLATE.
- They’re my favorite clean eating muffins!
- It doesn’t take many ingredients or a lot of time.
Here are the materials that you’ll need for the chocolate protein powder muffins:
- 1 Mission1™ Protein Bar
- 3 Tablespoons of Skim, Almond, or Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons of (Dark) Chocolate pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut or Oat Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Purely Inspired® protein powder from @Walmart
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the Mission1™ Protein Bar into bite-sized pieces
- Put the milk and chocolate pieces in a small bowl and microwave until melted
- Mix the flour, egg, Purely Inspired® protein powder (can add some water if it's too thick), add the melted chocolate mixture to it and mix again
- Spray non-stick spray in 4 places of the muffin pan
- Fill 4 with the batter
- Place protein bar bites on the top of each
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes
You want to lose weight and get fit. But, HOW?
Get your free e-Book to guide you on your weight loss and fitness journey.