Number one way to break out of a workout slump? Do workouts that make you feel badass. It’s a tried and true approach to fitness motivation! I broke out of my fitness downward spiral with a sledgehammer workout. And WOW! I felt on top of the world after this workout. All jokes aside: Workouts that burn fat, exercises that challenge you, and fitness routines that excite you will be your key to getting motivated to work out and staying motivated to exercise.
Burn Fat Faster with Fun Cardio Workouts
Speaking from personal experience, one of the biggest culprits of fitness burnout is boredom. If you’re dreading a mundane, boring workout, you’re more likely to come up with excuses to stay home. But on the other hand, when you are excited and pumped to go do a workout, you’re less likely to skip it. For example, I am 10 times more likely to skip my cardio workout routine if I know I’ll be running on the treadmill… And I’m 100 times more likely to lose my motivation to exercise if I’ve been running on the treadmill day after day. Whenever I feel myself lacking motivation or excitement to go to the gym, I start a new workout routine. Last year, I started to do jump rope workouts for cardio. This year, I decided to try a sledgehammer workout.
Related: Cardio Blasting Jump Rope Workout
Sledgehammer exercises can be done so that they target specific muscle groups or work your entire body; it just depends! My muscles were not expecting how difficult the work would be. When your muscles go through a routine, they get used to it. This can cause it to be harder for your muscles to grow.
Do you need more reasons why sledgehammer workouts are worth your while?
- You’ll be doing a strength and cardio workout in one
- You will work on your balance and hand/eye coordination
- You’ll exercise muscles that may be neglected in your usual workout
- You will burn A TON OF CALORIES
- It can be used at home, outside, or at the gym!
I was given the opportunity to try out the incredible Mostfit Core Hammer, which is GREAT for any fitness level. They sent me their Core Hammer free of charge, but don’t worry – all of the thoughts and opinions I share in this post are 100% my own!
If you’re a gym newbie or fitness beginner, you won’t have any problem trying the Core Hammer… And if you’re a gym rat or a fitness competitor, you’ll see the value in Mostfit’s hammer as well as the sledgehammer workouts you can do!
Pro Tip: You can do this sledgehammer workout without a tire (which is my FAVORITE part about it because who has a tire just laying around to smash with a hammer??).You can do this sledgehammer workout without a tire (which is my FAVORITE part about it because who has a tire just laying around to smash with a hammer??) #mostfit Click To Tweet
Here are some of the exercises that kicked my behind during my sledgehammer workout with the Mostfit Core Hammer:
- Sledgehammer Slams: With every other workout hammer on the market, you’d need a tire to do this exercise (or else you’d destroy whatever you hit). But with the Mostfit Core Hammer, you can slam almost anything (Key Word: almost… Use your best judgment please! And test whatever you plan on hitting with a light tap before you really go for it). As you are slamming the Core Hammer down, slide the upper hand closer to the lower hand at the base; and as you are heaving the hammer back up, slide that same upper hand back to its starting position. Trust me: This helps.
- Diagonal “Tree Chops” or Baseball Swings: Pretend that you are chopping a tree or swinging a baseball bat while keeping your core and ab muscles stationary and facing forward (don’t turn your body while you swing). You’ll do this fat burning ab exercise and feel your six pack form!
- Squats (Two Handed Grip): This is an exercise to tone your thighs, lift your butt, work your ab muscles, and more. When you try it, you’ll really feel your entire body engaged and working hard to burn fat! Hold the sledgehammer with both hands as it is in the upright position. Perform a squat.
- Squats (One Handed Grip): This is another whole body fitness exercise. Therefore, your body will be working hard to burn more calories! Start with the Mostfit Core Hammer in the upright position in one hand (it’s a balancing act!), and perform a squat while balancing the hammer.
MostFit Core Hammer Honorable Mentions:
- Bicep Curls (*Hold the hammer in the upright position in one hand. Curl your hand towards your shoulder, while keeping your elbow locked in at your side)
- Shoulder Press
- Push Ups
Most of these exercises require you to do them with each hand. Since only ONE side of the hammer is weighted, you must give each side an opportunity to work harder! So, make sure that you perform all these sledgehammer exercises with the head of the hammer facing BOTH directions (i.e., do 10 reps for the right, and 10 for the left)!
Using unique fitness equipment can add so much value to your workout routine. If you aren’t sure how to do an exercise, do some research or ask a personal trainer (like me! I’d be more than happy to help). That being said, sledge hammer exercises are FUN and can make you feel like a gladiator. Just remember, when using a sledgehammer for working out, make sure you are aware of your surroundings too. You don’t want to hurt anyone or yourself!Sledge hammer exercises are FUN and can make you feel like a gladiator. #corehammer #mostfit #crushitwiththecorehammer Click To Tweet
If you’d like a MostFit Core Hammer, you can use the code ‘MFSW10’ at checkout on the MostFit website for a discount!!
*Disclaimer: This post is a sponspored post. I am thrilled to work with MostFit on this campaign! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you enjoyed this article about the Core Hammer from Mostfit, you may also enjoy: The Number One Thing You Need To Use If You Want A Better Workout or Cardio Sucks and That’s Ok: The Undeniable Benefits of Cardio Exercise.
You want to lose weight and get fit. But, HOW?
Get your free e-Book to guide you on your weight loss and fitness journey.