There are so many diets out there that promise quick, drastic results. What so many people fail to realize is that they could be harming their bodies, instead of helping. Last week, you may have stumbled across “Uncovering Fad Diets: Top 5 Diets Worth Your Time!” on Cardio, Weights, and Protein Shakes. One diet, the Ketogenic Diet, wasn’t listed in this post because I wanted to dedicate an entire post on it.
The Ketogenic Diet Explained
When I first tried Keto, I was wary of it… but since it made sense to me, I decided to see how I liked it. Once you see the basics, I think it will make sense to you too. But just because it has worked for some, doesn’t mean it will work for all! The biggest key to fitness and health is finding what’s best for YOU! Always consult your medical doctor as well when considering making drastic changes to your diet.
The Basics of The Ketogenic Diet:
- High Fat, Low Carb Diet Plan
- Comes from the word Ketosis: A metabolic process where your body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates (glucose) to use for energy, so it uses fat instead. When fat is used for energy, ketone bodies are released – which is a type of acid and it is broken down through the liver.
- Meal Breakdown: 70-75% fats, 20-25% Protein, >5% Carbohydrates
The Benefits of a High-Fat, Low Carb Ketogenic Weight Loss Diet Plan:
- Trains the body to use fat as fuel
- Once your body becomes accustomed to the high-fat and low-carb diet, you may be able to consume fewer calories and still feel full
- By following the Ketogenic Diet Plan en for 4-6 weeks, your body will create compounds called ketone bodies in the blood, resulting in “ketosis.” Ketosis allows your body to quickly lean muscle and lose weight.
So, What is the Ketogenic Diet Plan like?
The Keto Diet can be tricky when it comes to getting the right ratios of macronutrients in your meals. One of the best ways to get your macros right with when you’re using Ketosis for weight loss is to use the Myoplex Meal Replacement Shake. It does all the “heavy lifting” for you (a.k.a. it already has the nutrient ratios correct!). Myoplex also has great ketogenic diet resources!
What is Myoplex?
Myoplex is a company that makes high quality products and supplements for athletes that follow the Ketogenic Diet Plan. There are a lot of supplements out there that are plagued with excess sugar and processed nonsense (not all, but quite a few). But Myoplex has the low-carb, high-fat mindset in all their products. The have Whey protein bars, Whey protein powder (Heck Yeah for Ketosis Protein!), Ready-to-drink Shakes, pre-workout, whey isolate, etc. When you have something as tasty and athlete-oriented as Myoplex, you need to take advantage of it!
Here’s a Starter List of Ketogenic Foods (Ketogenic Breakfast Ideas, Keto Snack Ideas, etc.):
One of your meals (or snacks), you’d drink a Myoplex shake. Your other meals and snacks can include the following:
- Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts,Pecans, etc.
- Cheese, Cream Cheese
- Beef Jerky
- Green Beans
- Coconut Milk
- Almond Milk
- Salad Dressings: Ranch, Bleu Cheese, Ceasar
*Most meats are ok, just watch how much you eat because meat = protein!
*Also, things like coffee are A-OK!
If Keto is something that interests you, and you’d like to find out more information, check out Myoplex’s FAQ guide (it’s really helpful!) or feel free to shoot me an email!
You want to lose weight and get fit. But, HOW?
Get your free e-Book to guide you on your weight loss and fitness journey.