Lose Arm Fat and Gain Toned Muscle with These Exercises
Have you ever felt embarrassed about the way your arms looked in a sleeveless top? Or have you ever avoided lifting your arms because you’re self-conscious about “bat wings?”
It’s not a good feeling. And I mean… it’s BAD.
Among the vast list of arm exercises out there, I’ve narrowed it down to 5 of the BEST arm toning exercises you can do to work your biceps and triceps effectively and efficiently.
Why You Should Do Arm Strengthening Exercises
1. They don’t get worked as frequently as your lower body. Even if you don’t go to the gym, your legs and lower body still get work in when you walk and run around.
2. Helps with carrying tasks. Like carrying the groceries inside; or a crying toddler; or a puppy.
3. Improves confidence. Say goodbye to all the worrying surrounding showing your arms by taking your sweater off when you’re hot. Channel your inner Michelle Obama and feel good about yourself!
I want to make sure you can do these exercises with ease (for confidence and for injury prevention), I’ll explain each one.
5 Exercises To Tone And Lose Arm Fat
1. Dumbbell Hammer Curls
2. Dumbbell Concentration Curls
3. Tricep Dips
4. Cable Tricep Pushdowns
1. Dumbbell Hammer Curls: With a dumbbell in each hand, keep your hands in a neutral position (with your palms facing inward – towards your thighs). Slowly pull the dumbbell upwards towards your chest. Slowly return the dumbbell to it’s starting position. Repeat with other arm.
2. Dumbbell Concentration Curls: You will be sitting for this free weight arm exercise with your feet spread apart. Place the back of your upper arm (tricep/ above your elbow) on your corresponding inner thigh. Your arm should be straight, with a dumbbell in hand. Then bend your elbow and curl the dumbbell up toward your shoulder. Slowly return your arm to the starting position. Repeat with other arm.
3. Tricep Dips: Place your palms on a bench or chair and wrap your fingers over the edge. Lower your body to the floor but don’t touch the ground! Then raise your body back up so that your bottom is even with your hands. Repeat. This is one of the BEST arm exercises without weights.
4. Cable Tricep Pushdowns: You will need a cable machine or resistance bands for this arm toning exercise. With the machine/ bands in front of you, place hands on either side of the grip. Then push the grip down towards your waist. Keep your elbows stationary by your side.
5. Push-Ups: Push-ups are the BEST upper body exercise because so many muscles are worked. You can do it without equipment OR with resistance bands (as shown in the image). You will start in a plank position with your palms on the ground (as opposed to your elbows). Lower your chest to the ground while keeping your entire body straight (imagine there’s a piece of plywood strapped to the length of your body!).
Are you ready to lose arm fat?
All of these moves are excellent arm exercises for women AND men. As a personal trainer, I love to show my fitness clients exercises that they can do easily if they decide to workout at home. Therefore, it’d great to invest in some dumbbells to have at home! Dumbbell arm exercises are great to tone and lose arm fat! Resistance band arm exercises are great, as well. Good luck!
If you enjoyed this article on the BEST arm toning exercises, then you may also enjoy 8 of the Best Cardio Workouts to Lose Weight Fast as well as The Best Glute Exercises and How To Do Them Correctly.
*Images shown in infographic are from WorkoutLabs.com. CWPS doesn’t design, create, or own these images.