Cardiovascular Workouts for Weight Loss
The word “cardio” often leads to groans and sighs of dread. The best cardio workouts cause even more cause for concern!
Why? Because the best cardio workouts are hard but they can also help you to lose weight fast!
I’m not going to sugarcoat that… But it’s supposed to be hard! Your hear rate needs to be up; your muscles need to be engaging; you need to push yourself! Burning fat requires cardio.
While cardio exercises are challenging, they fortunately don’t have to be complicated.
I’d rather you spend your time actually doing the cardio exercises, as opposed to thinking about how to do them…
8 Best Cardio Workouts to Lose Weight:
Just to make sure you can do these intense cardio exercises with ease, I’ll explain each one.
1. Burpee: Start in the standing position. Squat down and place your hands close to your feet on the ground. Propel both feet backwards into a plank position. Pushup Optional. Jump both feet back to your hands. Stand up and jump.
2. Renegade Row: Start in plank position with dumbbells or kettlebells in your hands. One arm at a time, lift weight straight back towards your chest, keeping your elbow inward and close to your body.
3. Mountain Climber: Start in the plank position. One leg at a time, bring your knee to your elbow. Alternate legs as fast as you can.
4. Plank Jack: Start in the plank position. Propel both feet outward, like a jumping jack. Return feet back together to start position. Repeat as fast as you can.
5. Dumbbell Squat Clean and Press: Start in the standing position with feet shoulder width apart and dumbbells at your side. Squat down. Then propel the weights to your chest by extending your hips and knees. Press weights up above shoulders.
6. Frog Jump: Start in the standing position with feet in wide stance and toes pointing outward. Squat down (and gain leverage). Jump as high as you can.
7. Box Jump: Stand in front of a heightened surface. Squat down to gain leverage so you can jump onto the height in front of you. Carefully step back down after jumping.
8. Jumping Lunge: Step forward with one leg and bend knee. Your back knee should not go down all the way to the floor (but close). Your front knee should not go past your toes. Jump and alternate legs.
These “best cardio workouts to lose weight” moves are designed to challenge you. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you! Challenge yourself, but do not injure yourself. Always consult your medical doctor! Cooling down and stretching after a cardio workout, especially an INTENSE cardio workout, can really help your body recover. As a personal trainer, I recommend walking for several minutes. Then, taking time to stretch your muscles. Make sure to stretch both your arms and legs! So many people only stretch leg muscles, don’t neglect your upper body and make sure to stretch arms too!
Related Post: Best 5 Leg Exercises You Absolutely Must Be Doing!
You want to lose weight and get fit. But, HOW?
Get your free e-Book to guide you on your weight loss and fitness journey.